The first ever UEM-FIM Europe Snowmobile Cup were held this weekend in Karstula (Finland). The organizer did a fantastic job with tracks and everything around and there was about 1000 spectators.
The race run in perfect weather conditions, -20 to -5 degrees and a sunny sky. Track was almost perfect 40-50 cm af snow and ice, the track was about 130km and was used for one lap on friday race and 1 1/2 lap on Saturday for a total length of the race for about 300 kms. In total 7 special stages with real battles in all classes before the winners could take the checkered flag.
The winners of the event were the following:
- Women: Susanna Lemström (Finland)
- Junior: Nico Vartioniemi (Finland)
- Veteran: Tapani Nurmiranta (Finland)
- Senior A/C: André Häreskog (Sweden)
- Senior: Henri Marttinen (Finland)