This year’s meeting has been a great success with 109 riders from 14 different Nations participating. The scene was the Autodromo di Franciacorta in Italy and with clear skies and warm and dry weather this excellent venue with two different tracks – one for MiniMoto and one for Mini GP – set the ideal frame for three days of racing and friendship.
The Mini Bike racing is for children from 7 years and for many of the participants it was an inspiration and education to be part of the friendly but strict atmosphere associated with a European Championship. The Italian riders held the home track and they had strong results in all of the MiniMoto classes as well as in the Mini GP class. However both Dutch, Hungarian and Czech riders were able to find their way to the podium. In the Ohvale classes and the Honda NSF class the competition from riders from Spain, Holland and Denmark was remarkable.
The 2018 European Champions in the different classes are:
• Junior A: Valentino Sponga, Italy
• Junior B: Julio Pugliese, Italy
• Junior C: Guido Pini, Italy
• Junior Open A: Simone Graziano. Italy
• Ohvale 110: Ricardo Trolese, Italy
• Ohvale 160: Maximo Matines, Spain
• Ohvale 190: Nicola Bernabe, Italy
• Honda NSF100: Vincze Martin, Hungary
• Mini GP50: Luca Lunetta, Italy
The line up in the Ohvale classes was impressive with a total of 29 riders, and even more so as this bike is quite new to the European Championship, competing for the first time.
Full results on FIM Europe website: http://www.fim-europe.eu/events/610